WUSC Development Center
WUSC Development Center is an invite only, free program that runs during Spring and Fall Rec seasons. The program is for players ages 8U to U16 that are interested in participating or learning more about our select program. The program is directed by Scott Davidson and other select coaches.
Scott Davidson is our current 2007 Girls Coach, Coach of Cumberland University, and Coach of the Nashville Women’s Professional Team – the Rhythm
The Development Center is a bridge between Recreational soccer and Select soccer. Our focus in the development center is being introduced to relying on footskills and playing more with teammates. Development Center coaches focus on development now and winning later. The main objective of the program is to promote and emphasize the technical abilities of young soccer players.
Key Tasks to be achieved at the Development Center:
· Education First Environment
· Player-Centered coaching vs coach-centered coaching
· Players learn to play in multiple environments
· Expand the number of opportunities for players to perform task
· Teams grow stronger when the ability of the individual improves
· More chances to play with and against better players
· Players benefit from working with more experienced coaches
There are no “Try-outs” but we will invite players from recreation teams. This approach allows clubs to keep players in a pool, foster development over winning, and provide a fun and more positive playing environment as these children and parents learn more about the WUSC select soccer program.